Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Pen a Poem at Bay Weekly

'101 Ways to Have Fun - Summer 2007', the summer supplement to Bay Weekly Magazine has just come out. Bay Weekly is a regional newspaper serving the Chesapeake Bay. Freelance writer Dotty Doherty found my poetry online and asked permission to reprint three tanka from Heron Sea, Short Poems of the Chesapeake Bay in the article 'Pen a Poem'. Of course I was delighted to agree.

Dotty did a lovely job introducting tanka to the readers of the magazine, and I was surprised and gratified to see that 'Pen a Poem' ranked #5 on the list, just after hula hoops and just before watching fireworks. I believe that poetry consists of reporting what is extraordinary about the ordinary, so I was glad to see that Bay Weekly apparently thinks so too.

The entire summer supplement is filled with wonderful ideas, so I hope you'll hop on over and drop them a line to let you know you enjoyed it.

~K~

No comments:

Post a Comment